Saturday, June 18, 2011

Interesting and Educational Podcast

For this week, we were asked to share a podcast. This was a bit challenging as I had never heard of the term "podcast" before. I guess I'm not as technologically there as I had thought! I asked around and I was surprised to hear that my father knew of podcasts! He suggested I check out iTunes and Sesame Street.

Having grown up with Sesame Street, it was only natural that I share one of the many podcasts I had found from Sesame Street.
The following podcast discusses the meaning of the word healthy. I like how Sesame Street invites well-known actors, actresses, and singers to participate in each segment. For this podcast, Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy talked with Elmo about the word "healthy." As a fan of the show, I thought her appearance made this a bit more appealing to the adult caretakers. The podcast included older footage of Sesame Street episodes from my generation and incorporated a brief music video about staying healthy. In addition, there were visuals of healthy habits and healthy eating. The podcast appeals to the different learning modalities of today's children. This podcast also fits with society's increasing focus on staying fit and healthy, especially with Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" health initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment